Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ahrrrg Matey

Ethan’s birthday party was so fun this year! It was a pirate theme. He decided on that theme because he wanted the whole Lego pirate set. Last year he wanted the whole Aqua-raiders set. This year a completely different set. "Set" being the keyword here. It has to be the whole thing. I think he gets that from me---all or nothing. Oh yeah!

I cut strips of fabric to tie around their heads and made eye patches. The invitations had a treasure map and pirate talk i.e. ahrrrg matey, swashbuckling good time etc.


And I made the cutest cake yet--a ship complete with sails and cannons (thanks to Ethan's latest purchase).

I'm a bit of a theme cake junkie. Behold...


Of course Brian helped with all of this. Sorry, hon, didn't mean to make you a side note. He's the game leader. I plan the party and make him be the life of it. We played Swab the Deck, hot sea turtle and sink the ship.

Sink the ship was my favorite. Brian made aluminum foil cannon balls and we split the party in two groups and used sheets held up as their ships. They each had a cannon ball to throw to the other ship and they had to use their sheet to keep the other teams cannon balls out. The team with the most cannon balls on their ship was sunk.

Team 1
Team 2

Ready, Aim, Fire!


Man over board!


Somehow Brian got taken down too. hehe
Then they danced to Relient K's "The Pirate's Who Don't Do Anything."


Swab the Deck was like Simon Says (Captain Says). So we yelled things like swab the deck (scrub the floor), port side (run to the left side of the ship) and man overboard (grab a partner).

Here comes the Captain.

Man overboard.

Present Time!
I had to show this gift cause it was so cute! Lucy was so excited for Ethan to open it. In the card it said "I couldn't decide what to get you. So I thought maybe you could use some shirts."

Eight dollar bills folded into shirts. Cute right?!

Fire hazard.
I wish for the complete Lego Pirate set.
I wish for the complete Lego Pirate set.


Super fun times, probably one of my favorite birthday parties.

7 comments:

Smith Family May 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

SO CUTE!!! I love the games- we did a pirate party that I'll have to tell you about someday. But it looks like the kids were having a blast!

Mindi May 6, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

You are the master party planner. Everything looks so fun and fabulous.

Rachel L May 6, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

There you go being totally creative, awesome, and fun! I sure do love the cake and games. Just like those pirates who don't do anything, I have also never thrown my mashed potatoes up against the wall.

Zach and Sarah May 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Remind me to have you plan all my kids' parties. 1 in March, 1 in April, 1 in Sept and 1 in Oct. Thanks so much.

Jacki May 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

March and April I can do. September and October I'm booked. =)

Maybe I should go into party planning. Is it lucrative? I wonder...

Jacki May 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I've never licked a spark plug.

Kourtney May 11, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Now that is way too cute! I have seen all the work you put into birthdays it is amazing between your sisters and you. You are creating awesome memories!

About Me

My photo
I love being a wife to an incredible husband and mother of 5 insanely cute kids! I love to be creative. Things I love to create include cute kids, attractive home, interesting photography, and anything in photoshop. This list is subject to change at anytime and only happens when time, money and energy permit! Other things I enjoy include reading, watching favorite shows together with the hubby, listening, dancing & cleaning to music, eating out (or in as long as I can enjoy someone else's cooking), organizing the house and laughing with my husband and kids. Things I don't particularly enjoy are grocery shopping, laundry for 7 people, and seeing a dirty bathroom counter right after I clean it. In general life makes me crazy sometimes but most times I feel insanely blessed and complete!

Labels

Family

Ethan

Ethan

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Canon

Canon

Friends

Ryen

Ryen

Logan

Logan

Brian & Jacki

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP